Terms and Conditions Dance Theme Events
Contract means a binding agreement for dance theme events by the acceptance of a cleared upfront deposit.
Length Of Dance Event means a period starting and ending on the date and the hour agreed on the contract between the client and Dance Theme Events Ltd.
Client means the entity, be it a company, an individual or a group of individuals hiring the services of Dance Theme Events Ltd.
DTEL means the company Dance Theme Events Ltd and its divisions and affiliates.
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure the venue/place booked is safe and properly equipped. Dance Theme Events Ltd reserves the right to suspend services if venue/place is considered to be unsafe.
- The standard fee, except for Christmas Eve and New Years Eve, applies for up to five hours before 12 midnight. Additional hours will be charged at a rate of £100 per hour till 2am. Christmas Eve and New Years Eve are subject to seasonal cost increases.
- The teacher/performer may stay later than contracted if requested by the client. The later must pay for the extra time when the request is made, in cash in whole at the prearranged rates.
- Standard fees are based on Dance Theme Events Ltd staff arriving immediately at prearranged event start time. If early set up is required additional fee may apply.
- Should the client instruct that the equipment is to be installed early in the day and left on site, without wishing to pay Dance Theme Events Ltd staff being in attendance throughout the day, the client must safeguard it against theft, damage, third party liability and other risks whilst the equipment is in their charge. The client should contact their insurers to ensure they have adequate cover for the minimum requirement being the replacement value of Dance Theme Events Ltd equipment.
- Cheques should be made payable to Dance Theme Events Ltd. Deposits are required to secure the booking date.
For bookings of dance teachers, bands and performers a minimum of 30% deposit must be paid at time of booking. If the booking is cancelled up to one month before the event date the entire deposit will be retained. If the booking is made less than a week before the event date the full amount is payable in advance and the fee is non-refundable.
- Bookings are only confirmed when the client's non refundable deposit has cleared at our bank. Any changes to the agreement must be confirmed in writing by both sides. Cancellation of a confirmed booking may only be made in writing. Bookings cannot be cancelled by telephone.
- Christmas Eve and New Years Eve – Due to the exceptional high demand and nature of these dates, any cancellations once the contract has been agreed by both parties will attract a 100% full fee cancellation charge, irrespective of notice period or any other factors.
- Dance Theme Events Ltd shall have the right to terminate a contract forthwith by giving notice in writing if the client fails to make payment of any sum in accordance with the contract, or the hirer enters into liquidation whether compulsory or voluntarily otherwise than for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction without insolvency or shall compound or make any arrangement with its creditors or shall be the subject of any application for administration order or shall be subject of any proposal under part 1 of the Insolvency Act 1986 for a composition in satisfaction of its debts.
- Every effort is made to provide teachers/performers of the client's choice. Dance Theme Events Ltd reserves the right to substitute alternative teachers/ performers at any time up to and including the day of the event without notice.
- Dance Theme Events Ltd staff shall be deemed to be under the direction and control of the client, and shall be regarded as a agent of the client, who alone shall be responsible for any claims arising from the operation of the event. The client has the right to control the volume within the limitations of the equipment.
- The client should provide Dance Theme Events Ltd staff with adequate changing facilities and refreshments. Where Dance Theme Events Ltd is required to be at the venue for five hours or more including setting up times, a full meal should be provided. Should no arrangements be made, Dance Theme Events Ltd staff will leave the site for a reasonable time to obtain a meal.
- The client is responsible for safeguarding the property of Dance Theme Events Ltd and any equipment supplied by contractors to Dance Theme Events Ltd, and is expected to reimburse for any losses, damages, breakages or injuries.
- In the unlikely event of any dissatisfaction or complaint, this must be notified to the Dance Theme Events Ltd office within 48 hours of the event by telephone message and the details of the complaint advised in writing within seven days.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure a smooth running of all events, Dance Theme Events Ltd cannot be held responsible or liable for circumstances beyond their control including road traffic incidents, natural disasters, acts of terrorism, war, civil war, rebellion and revolution.
- Dance Theme Events Ltd shall not be liable for the following loss or damage howsoever caused and even if foreseeable by or in contemplation of Dance Theme Events Ltd: loss of profits, business, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings whether sustained by the hirer or any other person, or special, indirect or consequential loss, other than direct physical damage to tangible property of the hirer or any other person, or any loss arising from any claim made against Dance Theme Events Ltd by any other person.
- Use of hire equipment. The client shall ensure that the equipment is installed and used by competent and qualified personnel in a manner, which complies with any applicable statute, regulation or order from time to time in force affecting the equipment including but not limited to the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and any statutory amendment or replacement of it.
- The client shall allow Dance Theme Events Ltdto inspect the venue upon request during normal working hours.
For safety reasons the minimum age for any of our events is 6 years old.
You are required to notify Dance Theme Events Ltd and its affiliates of any relevant medical condition. If in doubt you must consult your medical practitioner before making a booking.
Clients may be excluded from an event because of inappropriate behaviour.
In case problems arise
In case of a problem, please speak to Dance Theme Events Ltd as soon as possible, so we can resolve any problems as best as we can. Any other complaints should be addressed to the directors of Dance Theme Events Ltd.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. We are governed by the English law. The purchaser and supplier agree that any problems fall under the jurisdiction of the English courts. All the clauses and sub clauses in our terms and conditions are independent of each other. If one clause or sub clause is invalid or unenforceable, this will not affect any other clause or sub clause.
The above definitions are valid for The Dance School in Kensington site and Wedding Dance Lessons site both of which are divisions of Dance Theme Events Ltd.